As one of the largest power companies in Canada, ATCO Power has employees working in several locations across the country. The company values its employees and understands the importance of providing them with fair working conditions, wages, and benefits. This is why ATCO Power has a collective agreement in place to ensure that its employees receive fair treatment.
What is a Collective Agreement?
A collective agreement is a legally binding agreement between an employer and a union that represents its employees. The agreement outlines the rights and obligations of both parties and provides a framework for how they will work together. Collective agreements include provisions related to employment conditions, such as wages, hours, benefits, and working conditions. These agreements also ensure that both parties are held accountable for any violations of the agreement.
ATCO Power Collective Agreement
ATCO Power`s collective agreement covers employees who are members of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 254. The agreement outlines the terms and conditions of their employment, including wages, benefits, and working conditions. ATCO Power and IBEW Local 254 negotiate the collective agreement every few years, with the most recent agreement being ratified in 2018.
The collective agreement covers a range of topics, including:
1. Wages: The agreement outlines the wage rates for employees based on their position, skill level, and experience. It also provides for regular wage increases.
2. Benefits: The agreement provides for a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, disability insurance, and a pension plan.
3. Hours of Work: The agreement sets out the regular hours of work for employees and provides for overtime pay for hours worked beyond the regular workday.
4. Health and Safety: The agreement includes provisions related to health and safety in the workplace, including training, protective gear, and protocols for reporting and investigating safety incidents.
5. Grievance and Arbitration: The agreement outlines a process for resolving disputes that may arise between the employer and the union, including a formal grievance and arbitration process.
ATCO Power`s collective agreement is an important tool for ensuring that its employees are treated fairly and have access to the benefits and working conditions they need to thrive. As a company that values its employees, ATCO Power recognizes the importance of working collaboratively with its union to negotiate a fair and comprehensive agreement that benefits all parties involved.