Have you noticed a rise in cost on your water bill? You may have a leak. Many people have a leak somewhere in the home and don’t even know it. If you think you may possibly have a leak in your home, it is best to act on it right away. Here’s a few steps for checking for a leak.
- First make sure everything in your house that uses water is turned off.
- Locate your water meter. It could be in your basement, in a crawlspace under the home or in a meter pit in your yard.
- Locate the leak indicator on the meter.
- Check to see if the leak indicator dial is moving. If it is moving, you probably have a leak.
- If you can, shut off the valve beside the meter. If the leak indicator dial stops moving and start moving again once you turn it back on, then you have a leak.
- Now that you have found out you have a leak you have two options, try to locate the leak yourself and fix it or call a plumber. A plumber has the expertise to locate the leak quickly and fix it correctly.
If you have a leak in your home, pipe burst or any other type of plumbing issue call the professionals at Gold Star Plumbing Service in Anaheim, CA at 714-624-2546. 24-Hour service is available. Request service online at www.goldstarplumbing.net.